samedi 4 août 2012

Costume and puppet month.

This is going to be a quick post to update you on what I'm doing... preparing a second interview for a teaching artist position with a theater in the Paris area for kids ages 3 to 5. For this interview, I need to prepare a character/costume + a puppet + a bag to put the puppet in (it comes out of the bag midway in the session to help with the telling of the story) + a magical object linked to my character - which initiates the story + some lines introducing my character and the puppet. Woo!! Lots of work for an interview. I'm hoping it'll work out. The character I have decided to explore is a gardener - her dress is a garden in itself, and her hat will have a bird's nest in it.She will be wearing rubber boots.
Here's a picture of the costume, the only thing that feels on its way to being complete.

I haven't quite decided on the puppet yet - I think it needs to be a slightly less refined character, to counterbalance all this prettiness! I was thinking of a porcupine, or maybe a worm, or something like that. I still need to attach a nest to my hat, and to find my magical object (I'm thinking that it may be a watering can), not to mention the making of the puppet and the bag. Still lots ahead, but I feel like I have some sense of direction. Interview is August 20th. 
Let me know what you think, and don't hesitate to share ideas, tips and pointers! 


Aucun commentaire: