jeudi 19 mars 2009

Memories, not messing up and strikes in Paris

Today, there are a few things to talk about.
First of all, my dream. I dreamt I was back in Ireland and saw one of my friends again, and was so happy I climbed to the top of his shoulders and just stayed there, looking at Dublin from his height and touching his curly hair. I was happy.

Maybe that dream emerged from the fact that I miss being in Ireland, and that with St Patrick's day, I'm reminded I could actually go back. But I feel like I can't. It's weird. But the dream maybe also emerged from the fact that I watched this film last night - Before sunset. These two previous one night lovers meet again after 9 years, and walk around Paris, talking. The film is about a lot of things, love and reality and how life can be unforgiving and imperfect. But it is also about a memory - the memory of a perfect time. And refreshing the memory is very painful for both of them, because now they're in reality.
That's a little bit how I feel about the whole going back to Ireland thing. Things have changed, and I'm not sure I'm ready to accept the change. But on the other hand, maybe I shouldn't be so melodramatic about it.

The other thing I wanted to say was that Seattle Rep. got my application, so that means I didn't mess up by putting the wrong documents in the wrong envelopes. Fiou! That's a relief!

And the last thing is that today is National Strike day (grève générale) in Paris and in france in general. So, as a hommage, a few pictures from a previous strike: the Universities and research community (they're still striking).






Aucun commentaire: